Want a worry-free way to enjoy this seasonal favorite? Try these Sugar Free Sugar Cookies from Diabetic Gourmet. Yum!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light butter
- 1 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon vinegar (white or cider)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Blend together butters, Splenda Granulated Sweetener and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer, or by hand. Blend until butter is softened. Add egg substitute, water and vinegar. Mix briefly. Add flours, salt and baking powder. Mix on low speed, until dough is formed. Do not overmix.
- Remove dough from bowl and place on a floured work surface. Divide dough in half. Pat each half into a circle and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate approx. 1 hour, allowing dough to chill.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out on a floured work surface to desired thickness, approx. 1/4 inch. Cut with cookie cutters. Place cookies on prepared sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned on the back. Cool on a wire rack.
To Ice the cookies, use this Sugar Free Glaze recipe:
- 1-1/2 cups Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 5 teaspoons water
Optional: Food coloring. Add a few drops of food coloring, if desired.
- Place Splenda Granulated Sweetener and cornstarch in blender jar.
- Cover and blend until Splenda Granulated Sweetener is a very fine powder.
- Pour into a small bowl. Add water and stir well.