So many times, making those cutbacks also takes your food’s flavor profile waaaay down…but it doesn’t have to! Spice and seasoning can bring back flavor without heaping on calories. Try this salsa with sautéed chicken or fish for a healthful (AND TASTY) addition!
Orange and Avocado Salsa (from My Recipes)
- 3 cups orange sections, chopped (about 4)
- 2 1/2 cups pink grapefruit sections, chopped (about 2 large grapefruit)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 diced peeled avocado
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; toss gently. Serve immediately.
Tip: To make in advance, leave out the cilantro and avocado. Add back in just before serving.