With Christmas right around the corner, it’s a good idea for diabetics to start planning their holiday meal menu to make sure they keep their blood sugar in check. These Baked Stuffed Spuds from Everyday Diabetic Recipes would make a great addition to any holiday table! Need more recipe inspiration? Check out our Diabetic Christmas Recipes board on Pinterest!
What You'll Need:
- 3 baking potatoes, scrubbed and pierced with a fork
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Paprika for sprinkling
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake potatoes 50 to 55 minutes, or until tender; let cool slightly.
- Slice each potato in half and scoop out pulp; place pulp in a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients except paprika and mix until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture into potato shells and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes begin to brown and are heated through.