There’s nothing like baby’s first Christmas to get you feeling sentimental about all his or her other milestones…especially those quickly-growing baby feet. Want a craft that captures the magic of your child and the season? Try making this Baby Footprint Ornament from About Home or check out our Pinterest page for more craft-spiration. Merry Christmas!
- 2 packs of oven baking clay in green
- 3 red stem balls
- 10-inches of red string to fold over
- 1 straw
- 1 hot glue gun
- 1 glue stick
- 1 sharp knife
- 1 baking sheet
- 1 Sharpie pen
1. Preheat the oven as directed on the oven baking clay packaging.
2. Take clay out of packaging and flatten with hands to the size of your child's foot. Make sure the surface is smooth so the footprint comes out visible. Place your child's foot on the clay, pressing down on the heel, top of foot, and all the toes for a good impression. Lift straight up and check out the impression. You can use your fingers to fix areas or make them deeper to see better.
3. Take a sharp knife and cut along the footprint. Smooth out the edges and if you need to reshape the toes a little to make them more recognizable. Take a straw to make a hole at the heel for the string to go through after they are baked.
4. Place in the oven for 30 minutes. Let cool. Decide how wide you want the feet to be and line up the holes at the heels and use hot glue gun to glue together. Double the 10-inch string so its 5-inches long and string it through the holes at the heels. Tie a knot then tie another knot at the very end of the string so you are left with a small loop to hang the mistletoe.
5. Take the 3 stem balls and with the wire attached to each red ball twist them together and use the now single wire to string through the holes in the heels. Take the wire and wrap it around thee front holly so that it secures them but also hides the wire. Write the child's information on the back so you remember who, when, and how old. Then hang the mistletoe where you would normally hang mistletoe for a kiss. This is great for gifts to the family and friends!