Hand and Footprint Parrot (found on The Organised Housewife)
- Leaves and a branch found on nature walk (or substitute with green and brown construction paper)
- White construction paper
- Orange construction paper
- Multiple paint colors
- Googly Eyes
- Get into nature. Collect a few leaves and a nice sized branch or twig. If nothing fits the bill, you can always use paper instead (as seen in illustration at right.)
- Paint your child’s foot and have him or her make a print on the white paper, toes facing down. Clean foot and let the print dry.
- Next, divide your child’s hands into three (lower palm, upper palm, fingers) painting each section a different color. Paint one hand and make two overlapping prints, running alongside the arch of the footprint. Let dry
- Next, glue on your branch beneath the toes of your footprint, and attach leaves coming off the branch. Cut out beak from orange construction paper and attach. Add in googly eye and you are done!
Got concerns about your kids’ feet that go beyond what color to paint them next? Schedule a consultation with Dr. Andrew Schneider today.