Hand and Foot Print Angels
- Blue tempera paint
- Yellow tempera paint
- White/red/brown tempera paint
- White paper
- Foam plates
- Glitter glue
- Black paper or paint
- Sequin stars (optional)
- Bins for washing
1. Place out a chair for your child to sit on. Remove one shoe and sock. Pour some blue tempera into a foam plate. Press foot into paint.
2. Press foot onto paper to make a print. You want it centered but have the toes towards the bottom to give you some space to put on the head.
3. Lift off and place immediately into wash up bin. Towel off and put sock and shoe back on.
4. Now on to the handprint. Using one hand makes for easy cleanup but you can certainly do both if you wish. Place yellow tempera into foam plate. Press hand into paint with fingers slightly spread apart.
5. Press into place. Repeat on other side of the footprint for two wings. Place hand immediately into wash up bin and dry. Let project dry for a bit.
6. With a paintbrush and some blue paint, paint in the arms. Use a small sponge, cut into a circle shape, to make arms and hands in your desired shade. Use a larger part of the sponge to form a circle for the head, then paint in the hair.
7. Use glitter glue to make halos. Let dry. Hole punched black paper and glue it on for eyes. Take a fine red marker and make the mouth.
8. Glue on some sequin stars around the angel before mounting on blue paper.