I don’t know about you guys, but lately, my Facebook feed has been cluttered with time-lapse videos of people preparing mouth-watering recipes that look easy-as-pie.
The only problem? If you’re diabetic, there’s no way to know if the click-bait fits into your delicately balanced diabetic meal plan.
Well, have no fear, I’m here to help! I stumbled upon an insanely delicious Watermelon Fruit Pizza recipe while checking in online today, and I’ve found a diabetic friendly version of the recipe for all of you to enjoy (courtesy of Eating Well online.) Be sure to like (and share) your finished results!
Serving Size: 2 slices
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large round slices watermelon (about 1 inch thick), cut from the center of the melon
- 2/3 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup halved blackberries
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh mint leaves
- Combine yogurt, honey and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Spread 1/4 cup yogurt mixture over each slice of watermelon. Cut each slice into 8 wedges. Top with strawberries, blackberries and mint.
Per serving: 64 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 12 g total sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 13 mg sodium; 237 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (36% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit