With Thanksgiving coming sooner than we think, that means a big festive family meal is right around the corner for so many of us. Certainly, you can start making accommodations in your weekly meal plans now, but why not choose a menu that won’t sacrifice your diabetic health?
I like this Orange Baked Ham recipe from the Food Network as a great turkey alternative. Paired with mostly veggie sides and even a better-for-you dessert or two, it would make the perfect centerpiece for your menu!Ingredients
- 1 (14 to 16-pound) fully cooked, spiral-cut smoked ham on the bone
- 6 garlic cloves
- 8 1/2 ounces orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 orange, zested
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the ham in a heavy roasting pan.
- Mince the garlic in a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
- Add the marmalade, mustard, brown sugar, orange zest, and orange juice and process until smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the ham and bake for 1 hour, until the ham is fully heated and the glaze is well browned. Serve hot or at room temperature.