Here's some eye-opening statistics:
- More than $127 million is spent annually nationwide on medical expenses related to juvenile obesity
- Healthcare expenses and losses in productivity related to problems from obesity costs Americans in excess of $100 billion a year
- 300,000 deaths per year are related to problems associated with obesity.
- Inactivity and poor diet is on the verge of overtaking smoking as the number one cause of preventable death
- Children ages 10-15 who are overweight have an 80% chance of being an obese adult at age 25
- Only 25% of children get 30 minutes of physical activity each day
- Juvenile and teen obesity rates have doubled in the past 20 years