That’s why I always get excited when I come across diabetic-friendly versions of some of my favorite menu items—like this Waldorf Salad from Food.com. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced apples
- 1 cup celery, in thin strips about 1-inch long
- 1⁄2 cup broken walnuts
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low fat mayo
- crisp lettuce leaf
- Drizzle lemon juice over diced apples; toss well.
- Mix in celery and walnuts.
- Blend together sugar, salt, low-fat yogurt and mayonnaise.
- Fold into apple mixture; chill.