As anyone who is living with diabetes will know, carbs are not always your friends, especially when trying to balance your weekly meal plan. So what’s a bread-lover to do?
Try this quick, easy and delicious Cumin Quick Bread from MyRecipes.com!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons "measures-like-sugar" calorie-free sweetener
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed, slightly crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine milk and next 3 ingredients; stir well. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Spoon batter into an 8 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch loafpan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan, and let cool on a wire rack.