That’s why I love the diabetic snack section of Cooking Light magazine; it gives you some great recipes you can make at the beginning of the week and then keep on-hand throughout the day so you stay on track between meals.
Try out this Crisp and Spicy Snack Mix and tell me what you think. And don’t forget to come see your Houston podiatrist for regular diabetic foot exams!
- 2 cups crisscross of corn and rice cereal (such as Crispix)
- 1 cup tiny pretzel twists
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat wheat crackers (such as Wheat Thins)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar crackers (such as Cheez-It)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon ginger stir-fry sauce (such as Lawry's)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 250º.Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Combine butter, stir-fry sauce, powder, cumin, and salt; drizzle over cereal mixture, tossing to coat. Spread mixture into a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 250º for 30 minutes or until crisp, stirring twice.