Creating a healthy meal plan to help manage your diabetes can be tough enough on it’s own, but what happens when you have other dietary restrictions, like a gluten intolerance?
It might seem like finding delicious, nutritious recipes would be impossible, but thanks to great online resources like MyFoodAdvisor from the American Diabetes Association, help is but a few clicks away. Check out this gluten free Sweet Potato Salad. Yum!
Sweet Potato Salad (Serves 12)
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 13-ounces each)
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Peel sweet potatoes and cube. Place sweet potatoes in a large pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil until tender about 5-7 minutes. Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water; let cool.
- While potatoes are cooking, cook bacon and chop.
- In a small bowl, whisk together, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place sweet potatoes in serving bowl and add celery, green onions and turkey bacon. Pour dressing over salad and toss until potatoes are coated. Serve cold.