For most of us, Black Friday means two things: major turkey hangovers and SHOPPING! Unfortunately a long day walking the mall and waiting in lines can be murder on your feet, especially if you’ve already put on a little holiday wait.
If you want to score the best in-store deals without paying the price in foot pain, read on for your Houston podiatrist’s Black Friday foot-care tips:
- Choose function over fashion Of course you want to look great when you’re snapping up the latest styles, but you need to wear supportive shoes if you’re spending the whole day on your feet. Slip into sneakers or athletic shoes and bring along a pair of heels if you need something dressier to try on outfits.
- Keep Your Head Up With all the crowds pushing past one another to grab door buster deals, it’s crucial to stay focused and avoid tripping hazards that could leave you with sprained or even broken ankles.
- Get a Little Extra Help If you have a pair of custom orthotics, today is the day to wear them as your feet will really appreciate the extra love after a day of pounding the indoor pavement
- Unwind at the End Once you get home and your fabulous purchases are all tucked away (or left by the door to return after a re-think) give your feet a break. Sit down with your feet up for a while or, better yet, give those tired tootsies a nice long soak in the tub. Bonus points if you throw in some Epsom salts.
While all of these pointers will undoubtedly help you prevent Black Friday from turning on you, there is one other, fool-proof way to avoid the all-day shopping blues…Skip the mall and…
- Wait for Cyber Monday You can still score some great deals and you can even do it in your jammies!
Happy holidays, everyone!