One of the best gifts you can give someone is a special image of your little one, and what I love best about this project is that, not only can you share a picture, you can also incorporate your child’s sweet little feet into the project.
Read on for instructions on making a Foot-Heart Photo gift, modified from the Super Mom blog:
*8 x 10 canvas
*Black large paint sharpie
*Jumbo stamp pad (or paint)
*Sponge paint brush
*4 x 6 photo
1. Take a piece of paper and cover up the bottom half of the canvas.
2.Then take the sharpie and write "I lo e you" on the top half of the canvas. You will need to leave a pretty large spot open for the "v" because that is where your child's footprints will go. You can write the words straight or diagonal.
3. Take your little one's feet, one at a time, and place them on the large stamp pad (can you paint for larger children's feet.) Then use their feet to make the "v" we left out before.
4. Use the brush and paint modpodge onto the back of the 4 x 6 photo. Place the photo in the middle of the bottom half. Allow this to dry for a few minutes.
5. Paint modpodge across the top of the photo to make sure the edges don't curl up. This will look funny at first, but the modpodge will dry clear.
6. Save for yourself or share with a friend or relative as a special keepsake gift.