ITEMS YOU NEED:
- wooden stool
- spray paint (2 coordinating colors)
- sandpaper/power sander
- scrapbook paper
- Mod Podge & foam brush
- Finishing craft spray or poly
1. Paint your stool. Let dry, then distress the edges if desired. Mine was just basic wooden stool I had bought at Target several years before, but you could use anything you have--or even make one! I want to make another one with all six of them, and this time I'll make it.
2. Footprints: I used spray paint, because it dries faster than wall paint, and doesn't get as gloppy. I sprayed the paint onto a paper plate (fyi...it eats foam plates; use paper ones), then using your finger or small brush, apply the paint to the bottom of the foot. Place it directly onto the surface, making sure to press down each toe. Press firmly, then carefully lift up. Repeat for each footprint. Let dry.
3. Print names. date, or desired text onto scrapbook paper. (font is Wish I Were Taller) I distressed the edges with Distress Ink.
4. Mod Podge the paper onto your stool, then cover the entire surface to seal the paint.
5. Apply a finishing craft spray or poly according to directions.