We all hope that our kids will appreciate great art: why not pique their interest with a foot craft inspired by the age-old favorite, Edvard Munch’s The Scream (courtesy of The Pinterested Parent)? Warning: this one’s not for beginners.
- Various paint colors
- Various sized brushes
- Paint the heel of your child’s foot in a light peach tone & then paint the rest of the foot in navy blue.
- Paint in the arms & hands, leaving space between the main foot and heel print.
- Paint the bottom slat of the fence & then the bridge by painting diagonal brush strokes in browns, yellows, oranges & blues. Paint two more fence slats behind the screaming man.
- Paint the fence beams & then paint in between the fence in shades of blue.
- Paint a blue curve like shown & paint inside of it in different shades of blue following the curve. Use a thin brush to paint in light strokes of white & orange. Paint a blue curve as seen toward right edge of page & paint inside of it in different shades of blue, following the curve.
- Use a thin brush to paint in light strokes of white & orange. Draw a double curve in the horizon. Don’t worry if you mess up—it all blends in the end.
- Paint in a small pool of yellow. Paint around the yellow in a darker shade of blue.
- Paint in black swirls & accents in the blue. Paint white & light blue swirls around the yellow.
- Outline the top of the double curve in yellow & mimic another yellow curve parallel to it. Paint in between the swirls in oranges, light blue, white & more yellows until you have finished the sky.
- Paint in the screaming face on the man to finish off your painting.