Are Your Frustrated by Your Plantar Warts?
Plantar warts are a very common condition. In fact, most people develop plantar warts at least once in their lives. You can tell how common they are by looking at the foot care aisle in your local pharmacy. There are many wart treatments to choose from. Here’s the problem…they generally don’t work.
Conventional treatments for plantar warts rely on destroying the wart tissue. The problem is, they also affect the healthy tissue. This can lead to scarring after treatment. The results of conventional treatments are also inconsistent. This leads to frustration as you come in for treatments over and over again. There always seems to be that last bit of the wart tissue left to treat.
And then the wart comes back.
Swift Microwave Therapy is a Cure for Your Plantar Warts
The Swift therapy for plantar warts and verruca has a different approach. Unlike conventional treatments, Swift is not destructive to the wart tissue. It encourages your immune system to resolve the wart. Because the treatment triggers the immune system, there is less than a 1% chance of the wart reoccurring. The Swift treatment is a cure for plantar warts.
How Does Swift Treatment for Plantar Warts Work?
The Swift treatment for plantar warts uses a directed low-powered microwave energy. This energy is applied directly to the wart and penetrates 3 mm. The treatment itself is only a few seconds. The microwave energy targets and heats the water molecules within the wart. This reaction uncloaks the proteins of the virus and exposes them to your immune system. Then it’s left up to your own immune system to fight the virus.
Activating the immune system is what makes the Swift treatment stand out. And it’s what makes it so effective. Normally, your immune system ignores the wart tissue. With the Swift treatment, your immune system is able to recognize the HPV virus causing the wart. It builds up an immunity to the HPV virus, which cures the virus.
Is Swift Treatment for Warts Painful?
Some people report minor discomfort during the 2-3 seconds of treatment. The Swift treatment provides no lingering pain afterwards. No wounds, no blisters, no dressings, no aftercare at all. You can resume your regular activity immediately after the Swift treatment.
Swift Treatment for Warts and Verruca Provides a More Convenient Treatment
- Consistent – The Swift treatment provides a controlled burst of low-powered microwave energy. It’s the same with every treatment and very precise.
- Clean – The Swift treatment uses a new applicator tip for every treatment. No sterilization is required. The tip is used one time and then discarded.
- Confident – The Swift treatment is FDA approved. There is significant research backing up the efficacy. It has been used in Europe for years and was brought to the US in 2019.
- No Dressings Needed – The Swift treatment does not leave a wound. There is no break in the skin. No blisters form after the treatment. There is no lingering pain after the treatment.
- No Anesthetics Needed – Some people report mild discomfort for 2-3 seconds with the Swift treatment for plantar warts. Anesthesia is never needed. This is in contrast to conventional wart treatments which can be very painful.
- No Contraindications – The Swift treatment is safe for everyone, including kids!
What to Expect with the Swift Treatment for Plantar Warts
The protocol for the Swift treatment involves a series of up to three treatment. These treatments are separated by one month. You can expect each treatment to last for 5-10 minutes. There is minimal paring of the wart that needs to be done in the office. There are no bandages necessary after the treatment. There is also no home care that needs to be done. That means no application of medication between treatments.
When Should You Come in For a Swift Consultation?
The best time to come in to see is at the first sign of a plantar wart. The earlier you come in, the quicker we can start treatment with Swift to cure your plantar warts.
Common symptoms of plantar warts include:
- A lesion on the bottom of your foot that makes you feel like you’re walking on a rock
- Pain when you squeeze the wart from the sides
- Small, black dots in the middle of the skin lesion
- Over-the-counter treatments have not worked. Or they might have caused the wart to spread
- The lesion is painful or has started to bleed
- Discomfort when you walk on the lesion
What's My Next Step?
If you are ready to cure your plantar wart once and for all, it’s time to come in for a consultation. Houston podiatrist Dr. Andrew Schneider will evaluate the lesion to ensure that it is a wart. We will discuss treatment options and see if you are a candidate for the Swift treatment for plantar warts.
You can request an appointment online or give us a call at 713-785-7881. We’ll get you in for an immediate appointment.