Looking for the perfect, quirky gift for a parent, teacher or even grandparent? Checkout this fun idea from About.Com for a home-made t-shirt decoration that will capture the current imprint of your children’s quickly-growing feet.
Walk All Over Me Tee
- White T-Shirt
- Fabric Paint
- Paint Brush
- Shallow Containers, like Styrofoam Plates
1. Start out by laying the t-shirt out on a flat surface. You will want it on the ground or on a low surface because you will be stepping on the shirt. Cover the area around your t-shirt with newspaper or something else that will protect it from paint covered feet. Place a piece of cardboard inside the shirt so the paint doesn't leak through to the other side. You might want to keep a large container with warm, soapy water and towels near where you are making this t-shirt.
2. Squeeze some fabric paint onto the styrofoam plate or shallow dish and spread it around so a thin layer covers the entire plate. Simply step onto the paint, making sure it covers the entire bottom of the foot.
3. Carefully step onto the t-shirt. In the t-shirt pictured here, each of the children used a different color of paint. Let the paint dry completely before you move the shirt.
4. Once the footprints are dry, use a black fabric paint and write "My Kids Walk All Over Me", or change the wording a bit for teachers, close friends, grandparents etc. You can also do the back of the shirt once the front dries.
Walking in paint is always a good time, but your children’s feet may need more attention than that—especially if they are experiencing any kind of foot pain. At the first sign of discomfort when they walk, run or play, schedule an appointment with Dr. Andrew Schneider.