This is a message for all those brides to be out there. I know you’ve spent months (or even years) planning your wedding day, and the last thing you want is to have that perfect day be ruined by sore feet…but, chances are, you still want to wear those high heels you’ve been dreaming of!
If you want to have your wedding cake and eat it to (so to speak) read on for my top 5 tips for keeping wedding-day foot pain at bay!
• Wear 2 pairs! Swap out a higher heel with a lower one every couple of hours, and don’t wait til your feet hurt to make the switch.
• Leave some breathing room. Standing and dancing can cause feet to swell, so make sure your wedding shoes won’t cut off your circulation if your feet do go up in size over the course of the evening.
• Invest in insoles. A decent pair can cushion your feet while helping prevent the rubbing that can lead to painful blisters.
• Pre-game your shoes. Don’t keep those wedding shoes pristine for the big day: practice wearing them around the house with a pair of socks so the shoes can stretch and adapt to your feet. Advance wear will also help you identify trouble spots so you can pad the shoes accordingly to prevent wedding day trouble.
• Pre-and-post game your feet. Stretch and soak your feet before and after the main event to prep them for and alleviate the effects of the strain high-heels can place on your toe, foot and calf muscles.