Tanglewood Foot Specialists is designated as an essential service. We continue to be open during the "Stay at Home" order in Harris County.
Our office utilizes hospital-grade sanitizers and are taking measures to ensure patients maintain social distancing by not having anyone wait in our reception room with others. We are continuing operation in an effort to keep patients out of the urgent care clinics and hospital emergency departments, which increases the chances of being exposed to the virus. We have x-ray and ultrasound in the office to prevent you from having to go elsewhere.
For those patients who cannot, or wish not to visit the office, we are offering private video telemedicine visits. For those who are unsure how we can utilize telemedicine, I have prepared some guidelines.
- Use your phone or tablet to access the video conference. This will make it easier to aim at your foot so I can see your problem area
- Conditions that lend itself to telemedicine include:
- Skin checks for warts, athletes foot, fungal toenails, or ingrown toenails
- Checks of inflamed areas to assess for conditions, such as gout
- Heel pain and Achilles tendon pain
- Physical therapy referrals
- Discussing and assessing foot and ankle injuries
- Telemedicine is also ideal for when you are self-quarantined and cannot come to the office
- Depending on our discussion of your condition, we may determine the need for x-rays, injection therapy, or a procedure. This would require a future visit to the office
During this "stay at home" order, it is important that you spend some time outside while maintaining six feet distance from others. So you can take a walk or go for a run. Don't let foot pain stop you from getting outside and moving. Don't let ankle pain stop you from exercising. It is crucial now more than ever!
To schedule an appointment, whether in-office or a virtual e-visit, simply call the office at 713-785-7881 and we will be happy to get you set up for an immediate appointment. You can also request an appointment through our website.
Wishing you health and safety to you and your family during this difficult time.
Yours in health and wellness,
Dr. Andrew Schneider and the Team at Tanglewood Foot Specialists