We are ready to welcome you back to the office! Although we never officially closed, now that the "stay at home" order has been lifted, we are able to see any foot or ankle problem that has been bothering you in our office. Not just emergencies only anymore!
Our office utilizes hospital-grade sanitizers and are taking measures to ensure patients maintain social distancing by not having anyone wait in our reception room with others. All of our staff are wearing masks and you should feel free to do the same.
If you have a foot or ankle injury, pain, or problem, we encourage you to stay out of urgent care clinics and hospital emergency departments, which increases the chances of being exposed to the COVID-19 virus. We have x-ray and ultrasound in the office to prevent you from having to go elsewhere.
For those patients who cannot, or still wish not to visit the office, we are continuing to offer private video telemedicine visits. For those who are unsure how we can utilize telemedicine, I have prepared some guidelines.
- Use your phone or tablet to access the video conference. This will make it easier to aim at your foot so I can see your problem area
- Conditions that lend itself to telemedicine include:
- Skin checks for warts, athletes foot, fungal toenails, or ingrown toenails
- Checks of inflamed areas to assess for conditions, such as gout
- Heel pain and Achilles tendon pain
- Physical therapy referrals
- Discussing and assessing foot and ankle injuries
- Telemedicine is also ideal for when you are self-quarantined and cannot come to the office
- Depending on our discussion of your condition, we may determine the need for x-rays, injection therapy, or a procedure. This would require a future visit to the office
We know that many of you have put off coming into the office during the stay at home order. We're here to tell you that you don't have to be uncomfortable anymore.
To schedule an appointment, whether in-office or a virtual e-visit, simply call the office at 713-785-7881 and we will be happy to get you set up for an immediate appointment. You can also request an appointment through our website.
Wishing you continue health and safety to you and your family.
Yours in health and wellness,
Dr. Andrew Schneider and the Team at Tanglewood Foot Specialists