Down Home Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fat free milk
- 1/4 pound Velveeta Light (reduced fat pasteurized prepared cheese product), cut up
- 1 8-ounce package Kraft Free Shredded Non-Fat Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large saucepan on low heat. Blend in flour and salt; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually add the milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add prepared cheese product and 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese. Stir until melted. Stir in macaroni.
- Pour into a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter; toss with the bread crumbs. Sprinkle casserole with remaining 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and crumb mixture.
Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.Caring for your diabetic child’s feet should not be left to chance—schedule an appointment with Dr. Andrew Schneider today!