Hurray, it’s National Taco Day! If you’re diabetic and hoping to celebrate (and couldn’t we all use something to celebrate right about now?!?!) check out this amazing recipe for Low-Carb Taco Patties courtesy of Diabetic Connect. All the fabulous Taco flavors with less of those pesky carbs to throw off your weekly meal plan!
- 1 1/2 lbs beef, Ground
- 1/4 cup onion, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 ounces taco seasoning mix, 1 Env
- 1 avocado, Ripe, Small
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, Shredded, 1C
- Mix meat, onion, salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties, each about 3/4-inch thick.
- Brown patties in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning once.
- Remove patties and set aside.
- Pour fat from the skillet.
- Mix water and seasoning mix in the same skillet and heat to boiling.
- Reduce the heat and return the patties to the skillet.
- Turn each one to coat with the sauce.
- Peel avocado and cut into 6 rings.
- Top each patty with an avocado ring.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cheese; cover and heat until the cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve sauce over the patties.
- NOTE: You can substitute 1 medium tomato, sliced for the avocado rings.