Throughout November, in addition to weekly diabetic recipes, I’ll also be sharing important diabetes information you need to know to stay healthy. To kick things off, let’s all try this delicious Roasted Chicken recipe from the American Diabetes Association. Enjoy!
Budget-friendly Cilantro Lime Roasted Chicken
- Cooking spray
- 2½ pound whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Remove the skin from the chicken and arrange in a single layer in the baking pan.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, honey, garlic, ground black pepper and salt (optional). Pour the
mixture evenly over the chicken and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the internal temperature of the largest piece of chicken is 165
Side Suggestion: Frozen tri-color pepper mixture, steamed.