No one should ignore breakfast, but it’s particularly important for diabetics to start their daily meal plans on a healthy note. With that goal in mind, I wanted to share an easy smoothie recipe that I found in The Australian Women’s Weekly Diabetic Cookbook. If you’re pressed for time in the morning, you can prepare all the fresh ingredients the night before. In the morning, pour them into your blender, mix and enjoy!
- 2 cups soymilk (no-fat 500ml)
- 2 medium bananas (400g, chopped coarsely)
- 4 medium peaches (600g, chopped coarsely)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Blend or process ingredients, in batches, until smooth.
- Pour into cups to enjoy. Makes 4 servings
Following a healthy diet is just one step in a proper diabetic health plan: it is also crucial to maintain regular visits with your Houston podiatrist for comprehensive foot examinations. Schedule your next appointment with Dr. Andrew Schneider today!