Double Berry Pie Squares
- 1/3 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1 12 - ounce package frozen raspberries, thawed
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2/3 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup frozen sugar-free whipped dessert topping, thawed
1. For filling: In a large saucepan, combine the 1/3 cup sugar and the gelatin; add strawberries and raspberries. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until gelatin is dissolved and mixture is simmering.
2.Transfer berry mixture to a shallow bowl. Chill about 45 minutes or until mixture begins to set up around the edges, stirring occasionally.
3.For crust: Lightly coat a 2-quart square baking dish with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, stir together finely crushed graham crackers, the 2 tablespoons sugar, and the melted butter. Press graham cracker mixture evenly over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Place in freezer while chilling filling.
4.Carefully pour filling over the crust. Chill about 3 hours or until filling is completely set.
5.Cut into squares to serve. Top with whipped dessert topping. Makes 9 servings (1 square and 1/2 tablespoon dessert topping per serving)